I worked on this vest on and off for over a year. It was one of the most tedious projects I have ever completed. The dark yarn, small needles, and free floating zig zag cables drove me to distraction many times. Just finishing it has filled me with a huge sense of relief. In the end, it is too short and small for my brother, despite the fact that I added length, row gauge clearly the culprit.
When you start something so long ago, work on many things in between, and keep sketchy notes, it is hard to isolate what went wrong. I am sure I swatched, but I couldn't find any evidence of it. My scribbled notes on the pattern helped me match the front to the back, but I have no recollection of why I chose the size I did, or why I made it the length I did. The yarn was a great look for this pattern, though.
I guess I'm just going to have to find a guy to fit the vest instead of making the vest fit the guy!
What a great way to end the year...two major WIPs off the docket, and on to some fun knitting, maybe something for me this time...