1. Yarn Quantity: Pattern called for 550 grams of Cash Iroha and I used just under that - 520 grams. But with Blossom, the pattern called for 200 grams, and I used a bit under 340 grams. I happened to notice that some of my skeins of Blossom were 40 grams and some 50 grams...strange.
2. There are some oddities in the pattern. The left front has one more stitch than the right front - could there be a reason? I went ahead with it, but the reason never became apparent.
3. The sequence of assembly is off. The pattern never mentions seaming the sleeves! I would change the sequence as follows: 1. Knit back, fronts, sleeves. 2. Seam shoulders. 3. Add contrast to sleeves. 4. Add contrast to fronts. 5. Set in sleeves. 6. Sew side and sleeve seams. 7. Add contrast to neckband. 8. Add contrast to bottom. (This makes sense because you try it on and add the bottom contrast to the length you desire, and if you are running short on contrast color you might be able to make it a little shorter.)
4. Bind off all contrast edges in purl - it lays flatter.
5. Blossom does have a soft striping, and I wondered if I should have tried to sequence the two strands held together to allow the stripes to come out better.
6. Next time I work with contrasting yarns, I would swatch both to see how the knitted fabrics work together, especially with Noro. Holding two skeins next to each other does not really give you a good sense of how they look together knitted up. I was worried about this combination, but in the end, I am happy with them together.
(ps - I ripped and fixed all the pick-ups and am much happier with the result best seen in the first small pop-up on the left). The sweater fits perfectly - it is really thick and warm, more like a jacket.)